What are they thinking?
0 comment Friday, November 28, 2014 |
What is the message of this float in the Duesseldorf, Germany carnival parade?
My first thought is that it was the usual adulation, I mean, I remember his campaign speech in Germany, where they seemed to venerate him. But then this post at the LewRockwell.com blog says it's satire.
A Rose-monday carnival parade in the Rhineland is political mockery, not praise! The essence of the carnival event is that for those few days authorities relinquish power of the cities and stand aside, while being mocked at by magnifying their public posturing.''
I don't know; I tend to take it at face value.
And what is the message of the young blonde woman or girl 'flying' behind the 'Angel'? Does she represent America? American women? Whites?

Labels: ,