What the United States is supposed to do
0 comment Tuesday, July 29, 2014 |
According to one immigrant:
When asked why the taxpayers should be burdened with her needs, the feisty Zeituni said, "This country is owned by almighty God. You people who preach Jesus Christ almighty God and the rest of it, you are here to help people, help the poor, help other countries and help women. That's what the United States is supposed to do? And you have to give me my right light, [sic] every person's right."
[Emphasis mine.]
This kind of attitude is far too common among the immigrants who come here today, whether they come legally or illegally, or whether they are 'refugees'.
Further:
"Do you want to become an American citizen?" Elias asked.
"If I didn't why the hell would I have been here all this time?" she responded.
"If I come as an immigrant, you have the obligation to make me a citizen."
The above quotes are from one version of the interview, which is here.
Further, from a variant version of the article:
For two years Onyango said she lived in a homeless shelter, before she was assigned public housing despite thousands of legal residents also awaiting assistance.
"I didn't take any advantage of the system. The system took advantage of me." "I didn't ask for it; they gave it to me. Ask your system. I didn't create it or vote for it. Go and ask your system," she said unapologetically.
I suspect there are many other comparable stories, featuring equally arrogant attitudes of entitlement, that might be told, from around the country.
The system is set up to favor people like this lady, and at the expense of others perhaps more deserving, including, and especially citizens.
I really don't think she is being given special treatment or VIP status because of her family links to those in high places; I think she is just one more being given privileged status as all third-world immigrants are.
Do check out the comments on the article; there are some surprisingly frank ones, some laugh-out-loud ones, but who knows how long before they are deleted for honesty.

Labels: , , ,