Third parties
0 comment Wednesday, November 12, 2014 |
I've said before that I believe a third party is sorely needed, given the fact that the two main parties in our country share similar ideas about immigration and multiculturalism. Both parties generally are very careful to limit any criticism of immigration to the illegal variety. This is just not honest, and it is just one more form of political correctness and obfuscation of the truth, as with all forms of political correctness.
Both parties support multiculturalism and the 'proposition nation' idea, and a more or less open-ended commitment to perpetual immigration.
A while back I said that I had hopes for the American Third Position Party. I think those hopes were misplaced, after reading this piece and its comment thread a couple of times.
''... we need an immigration policy that makes sense and that protects American jobs.
Before we go any further, it is important for me to make a few points. It is not a bad thing that people want to come to this nation from another country. A lot of people that want to come to the United States are really hard working and have really solid character. This nation has a long tradition of immigrants arriving to build a better life here. At different times this country will need different levels of immigration, but we will always need new immigrants. People on one side of a border are not more "valuable" than people on another side of a border. There is a reason why our founding fathers believed that "all men are created equal". In every nation on earth there are really wonderful people. We should love all men, women and children no matter where they were born and no matter what they look like. God created us all and He loves us all dearly.
This is just more of the kind of thing G.W. Bush was fond of saying, and I am sure various Democrats have said it many times as well.
Before someone says that I am being a purist or ''letting the perfect be the enemy of the good'', please don't.
The hour is late for us; we don't have time to dally with the PC approach and the egalitarian platitudes.
I am sure others will do what they will, but I am crossing A3P off my list of possibilities. I am sure they would not care to have my support in any case.

Labels: , , , ,