Q: What's the difference between ignorance...
0 comment Wednesday, November 5, 2014 |
...and apathy?
A: I don't know and I don't care.
Okay, it's an old joke. But it seems relevant to my post today.
Earlier I happened to be watching a show on BBC America with a friend. The show was 'How Clean Is Your House?' (I confess, I am fascinated with these cleaning shows). In the episode, Aggie and Kim, the ''cleaning gurus" were in the Tower Hamlets borough of London helping to fight an infestation of rats. Apparently rats are increasing substantially in numbers in the UK. I guess that's what a huge increase in urban crowding plus squalid conditions brings.
But during the course of the program, Aggie and Kim visited a school in the area, and I was so shocked by the fact that I saw not one White British face in the classroom (except for those of Kim and Aggie, and maybe, possibly, the teacher) that I remarked aloud to my friend "There's not one British child there! That's the future of Britain.'
Granted, London, or one area of London does not represent all of Britain, just as New York or L.A. don't represent America. But all that we are reading about demographic trends in the UK, coupled with the pro-diversity, pro-immigration fanaticism of the elites spells a mostly nonwhite future for the UK. Now, I've been reading that and contemplating it for some time now, but somehow seeing it in this TV show in the form of the absence of rosy-cheeked British children in that classroom sort of brought it home visually for me.
But here's the dilemma I began to ponder: my friend reacted somewhat to the facts as I pointed them out to her, but it's obvious that although she may find it unfair or surprising, she clearly does not share my chagrin or my outrage about the loss of the UK and the marginalizing (or disappearance) of what was, historically, one of the great nations of people in the world.
To her, it's obviously not an emotional issue or even a visceral issue as it is for me. Maybe the fact that I have always been an Anglophile and the fact that the majority of my ancestors hailed from those isles makes it much more personal and hence more tragic to me.
But even when we talk about the homeland of my friend's ancestors, which is also being invaded and demographically swamped with third-worlders, she does not have any reaction other than one of detached annoyance. Her attitude seems to be, implicitly, ''that's too bad, but what can you do?" It's an attitude of resignation and acceptance.
And many people who may care somewhat about America are indifferent to what is happening in Europe and elsewhere in the West. Maybe we who have a larger sympathy with our brethren elsewhere in the West are a 'different', anomalous group of people. I am beginning to think so, and that is not a promising fact if it is true.
So here's the question I am mulling over. We often assume, those of us who are troubled by the demographic assault on our homeland, that what is needed is to 'wake people up' to the facts, and that, having awoken, they will rally to the cause. But will they?
It seems to me that for many people, knowledge alone will not arouse any impulse toward self-defense or defense of our people. Knowledge is not what's lacking, in most cases. Many people have heard the facts recited, but they simply refuse to process it, or they shrug and say 'what do we do?' and go on about their lives as if everything were fine.
We can impart knowledge to people, and that is something I try to do somewhat on this blog as well as in real life, but there has to be more. We need to cause people CARE about what is happening. If they don't intrinsically feel great love for this country or for their own people and heritage, they will not be roused to act in any way. What has happened to real love for people and country, or more immediately, home, hearth, and kin? It seems most people are content to hide their heads in the sand while our country is destroyed.
Can people who do not care be moved to care? Or is that feeling something that is either there, or it isn't?
I've been accused of being too subjective on this blog; I plead guilty. First, I'm a woman, and women are by nature prone to being more subjective and more emotional. We are the weaker sex in that sense. On the other hand, sometimes it is emotion and subjectivity that give us the motivation to stand up and to do what we can to stave off impending disaster. Those who are jaded and bereft of any deep attachment toward their people and their home will remain jaded and detached.
Can we succeed in stimulating any kind of positive emotional response in the uncaring and the indifferent? I don't know, but I certainly intend to keep on trying.

Labels: , , , ,