Blog type
0 comment Tuesday, October 7, 2014 |
I'm distinctly uninspired this evening, so I've been over at a site called Typealyzer.com which supposedly assesses the personality type of the blogger based on the content of a blog. It's all based on the Myers-Briggs personality typing system, which classifies individuals according to introversion/extraversion, intuitive vs. sensate, thinking vs. feeling, and judging vs. perceiving. I won't try to explain all that; some of you are probably familiar with it, and if not, you can read about it here.
Anyway, Typealyzer says this of my blog:
The analysis indicates that the author of http://vanishingamerican.blogspot.com is of the type:
INTP - The Thinkers
The logical and analytical type. They are especialy attuned to difficult creative and intellectual challenges and always look for something more complex to dig into. They are great at finding subtle connections between things and imagine far-reaching implications.
They enjoy working with complex things using a lot of concepts and imaginative models of reality. Since they are not very good at seeing and understanding the needs of other people, they might come across as arrogant, impatient and insensitive to people that need some time to understand what they are talking about.
This is interesting because I've been classed as an INTP based on the MBTI tests I've taken.
The Myers-Briggs typology is supposedly based on the ideas of Carl Jung, and as most of my regular readers probably know, I am not a big fan of psychological theories or of Jung's school of thought, but there seems to be some validity to the MBTI, from my own experience of it.
So, as with anything else, I sift it and discard what is not useful, while taking on board whatever seems valid.
Any other INTPs out there? Have any of you been 'typed', or had your blog typed with Typealyzer?

Labels: , ,