Have 'we' done this to ourselves?
0 comment Tuesday, August 5, 2014 |
I had intended to write a piece commenting on Takuan Seiyo's latest installment of his Meccania to Atlantis series, but after having re-read his essay, I find myself unable to offer a detailed response; it's rather overwhelming.
The comment thread is not much help, either, as it is sidetracked at one point into a discussion of Bob Dylan's politics and philosophy.
(What is it, by the way, with Dylan and conservatives? I notice that What's Wrong With the World also had a thread about Dylan recently.
Like most people of my age, I used to like Dylan and I once thought he was quite profound -- at least when I didn't think he was being cryptic merely for the sake of it. But I was still quite young and quite naively liberal then. Nowadays I don't see him as any kind of conservative prophet as some seem to do.)
As to Seiyo's piece, I have to take issue with one thing, specifically, that he says
The West�s� original population � what we call for brevity�s sake "Whites" -- has given away the keys to its own home, and delights in being plundered. The ruling Body Snatchers have initiated and executed the plunder, but it�s the demos of democracy that has chosen those Body Snatchers and keeps them at the trough.''
I hear this and read this a lot, in one form or another. Have Whites really given away the keys to our own home knowingly, willingly, and do most of us 'delight in being plundered'? If this is so, or if Seiyo believes this (and others), then maybe it's pointless to even lament the fate of the West and of Whites. If our current fate is truly what 'we' want, and what we 'delight in', as he says, then let's just all stop talking about it and fretting over it and have an end-of-the-world party while we wait for the lights to go out.
I don't think it's as simple as that: that we've chosen it, with open eyes, and that we 'delight' in it. Do we?
How do we counter this idea, which is often expressed?
I also object, as I've said on comment threads before, to the often-stated claim that 'they [the Others of whatever kind] are not the problem; it's Whites who are the problem. We can't blame Them [the Others] for doing what they do; we have to blame our own.''
No, I don't agree. If my local law enforcement officers are lax in policing neighborhoods and turn a blind eye to crime under their noses, do I say that the burglars or home invaders or muggers in my neighborhood are 'not to blame' or 'not the problem'? Of course they are to blame, and of course they are the problem -- or part of it. But I can't go so far as to absolve the opportunists of their crimes just because law enforcement is lax and derelict in their duty. Granted, they are to blame in part, and should be called to account, but let's not let the criminals off the hook. Let's not excuse illegals, or minorities who work the system to shake the rest of us down. They are to blame, too. This cry of 'they aren't the problem' seems just like one more example of political correctness, of trying to shield the 'downtrodden' from any blame or culpability, and it is not right.
And as I've said before, if we can't even muster any sense of righteous indignation about what is being done to us, especially towards the people who are directly doing harm to us, then we may as well throw in the towel.
Any thoughts on Seiyo's piece? Or the questions I posed a couple of paragraphs ago?

Labels: , , , ,