A metaphor
0 comment Thursday, July 3, 2014 |
This bizarre incident happened a few days ago, and when I saw the headline, I thought: this is some kind of crazed White liberal female. It appears I was right.
At first reading of the story, I laughed out loud, but it really is sad, because it's symptomatic of so many things.
You've got Hispanophilia, diversity-mania, reckless spending (who's going to pay off those credit cards?) and some misandry thrown in, too. Notice the woman was ''slurring obscenities about men'', who were excluded from her big-spending good deed.
Ultimately, though, I think she's a metaphor for our out-of-control, demented society, wanting to do good for the downtrodden, with no regard for the cost or for paying the piper when the time comes.
It would be funny if it were not so tragic for most of us.

Labels: , ,