...from both sides
0 comment Friday, May 2, 2014 |
Apparently, conservatives are losing, or have lost, to liberals in the blogosphere.
A digital war has broken out, and the conservative movement is losing. Read the comment sections of right-leaning blogs, news sites and social forums, and the evidence is there in ugly abundance. Internet hooligans are spewing their talking points to thwart the dissent of the newly-out-of-power.
We must not let that go unanswered.''
Obviously this is not a new thing; the left has always had an army of zealots with apparently nothing to do but roam around the Internet and swarm right-wing blogs and forums. Even before the blogosphere was a factor, they were always on conservative forums, derailing discussions and provoking flame wars. Simply by disrupting and diverting the energies of the honest participants there, they managed to win a victory of sorts in most cases, without even having to post any substantial arguments or coherent refutations.
But according to the article the current administration is sending out new armies of fanatics to destroy the discussion at various conservative forums and blogs.
Political leftists play for keeps. They are willing to lie, perform deceptive acts in a coordinated fashion and do so in a wicked way - all in the pursuit of victory. Moral relativism is alive and well in the land of Hope and Change and its Web-savvy youth brigade expresses its "idealism" in a most cynical fashion.
The ends justify the means for them - now more than ever.
Much of Mr. Obama's vaunted online strategy involved utilizing "Internet trolls" to invade enemy lines under false names and trying to derail discussion. In the real world, that's called "vandalism." But in a political movement that embraces "graffiti" as avant-garde art , that's business as usual. It relishes the ability to destroy other people's property in pursuit of electoral victory.''
From what I've observed, their intents and their tactics are childish, seeking mostly to cause chaos or anger wherever they go, and to fire off as many insults as they can before being banned.
The writer of the article deplores the fact that the right does not respond effectively, and does not try to engage leftists on their turf. The fact is, as most of us know, any sort of non-liberal view is not welcome on the left-wing blogs and forums, and will quickly get you banned, but not without your being insulted and pilloried by everybody on the board.
Personally I've never been inclined to participate in that kind of rolling in the mud with liberals and lefties, and that lack of willingness to participate in slanging-matches with lefties seems to be what the writer is lamenting. I don't know what he suggests should be done; I don't believe that the real hard-core lefties and liberals are potential converts, and I've seen that they are not amenable to reason or open to any opposing points of view. However the people who are less doctrinaire, the people of more flexible political leanings might be reasoned with, and it would seem they might be found on the forums or blogs where people gather to discuss other-than-political topics.
I've also thought (and said) that YouTube, being infested with many fanatical lefties who post inflammatory comments on all kinds of videos, is a place where people of more illiberal views ought to register and post more, so as to balance out the left-wing juveniles of all ages who leave their illiterate diatribes all over YouTube. Of course YouTube is politically correct, so the lefties will have free rein there while right-wingers and pro-Whites will be tolerated far, far less, but there is a real need for other points ot view to be heard, even if the comments get deleted sooner or later. I see very few posts which are not liberal to left on YouTube.
As for the problem of trolls on this blog, I've had them, and the left-wing types can be extremely nasty. While some believe that 'free speech' means that trolls should not be banned and their comments not deleted, I disagree. A blog is under the control of the owner, as is a forum, and comments are there at his or her sufferance. Yes, everybody has a right to a point of view but none of us have a right to post our points of view just anywhere we choose. We all know that newspapers, which are supposed represent 'freedom of the press' do not allow controversial or non-PC comments to stand, in many cases, and not every letter to the editor will be published. Those which are published are often edited. So there is no ironclad rule that a blog has to allow any comment by anyone in the name of 'free speech.'
The liberal and leftist trolls are almost always nasty and uncivil, with sarcasm and vitriol being their only language.
Sadly though, I've been more frequently attacked by those on the 'right' than by lefties. The lefties usually call me the predictable names they call even the mildest Republican: "racist" or "bigot" or "hater."
My enemies on the right, however, have attacked me for being 'an extremist', and on the other hand, have called me a PC hypocrite, a 'Jewdeoxtian', a 'rapture bunny' a 'redneck', a 'hillbilly' a "patriotard' (because of the fact that 'American' is part of my blog name) and other such typically liberal slurs. It seems I am too right-wing for some, yet not right-wing enough for others.
I've been criticized by some on the right who objected to the people I link to, and found me guilty by association of whatever the supposed sin of a given blogroll partner. Fine; I stand by those I link to, though that does not mean that I necessarily agree with everything they may say, nor do they necessarily endorse everything I say.
I've been attacked on the basis of my ancestry and had my "mental health" questioned in a very personal and nasty way -- from people on the right.
I've been told I am a 'political purist' while others say I am not enough of a purist because I don't take a position on their favorite issue.
I've had commenters leave in a huff because I let non-PC comments stand, usually criticisms of Jews. I was told that if I did not delete said comments and ban the commenter, the complainer would be forced to leave my blog and not return here anymore. Upshot: I let the comments stand, and lost several regulars. My principle is that there are no sacred cows; I won't put a group above scrutiny or criticism. On the other side, others have accused me of 'cowardice' for not personally addressing the 'Jewish question.' So there's no winning, and no pleasing everybody. I can't be all things to all people.
And I've noticed I'm not alone in this; I've seen other right-wing bloggers experiencing similar problems, and my conclusion is that there is a disturbing amount of infighting on the right, a lot of 'eating our own'. All the while, the left never lets up on us, and our country is slipping away, and we are all fighting amongst ourselves.
Personally it particularly grieves me when a fellow Christian wants to quarrel publicly with me; as Christians, we are not supposed to do that. I would prefer someone PM me if they have an issue, and to do so civilly as Christian brethren should. I think it's bad for all Christians when we fall out amongst ourselves in public.
Sometimes it crosses my mind that many of these attacks from the 'right' may in fact be lefties posing as right-wing in order to sow discord and bad feeling within the ranks of the right. On the other hand, realistically, conservatives and race-realists tend to be rather fractious and stubborn people by nature, I think, and it's predictable that we would disagree at times.
Maybe part of the reason why we do so little to defend against the rabid left is that we are too busy picking and pecking at each other.
As I've said before, we have to learn to put aside any differences we have and make common cause; this is not a time in which we can afford to fall out amongst ourselves. Whatever differences we on the realist right have, we can defer those and put them aside in favor of saving what is left to be saved.

Labels: , , , , ,