The 'dialogue' so far...
0 comment Monday, April 28, 2014 |
I've decided that this 'honest dialogue' thing is a good idea, and in the interest of contributing to the discussion, I thought it might be useful to remind ourselves of some of the 'dialogue' contributed by others over the last 15 or 20 years, when many of us were not really paying attention.
"At no moment in my life have I ever felt as though I were an American." - Toni Morrison
"The truth is that Mozart, Pascal, Boolean Algebra, Shakespeare, parliamentary government, baroque churches, Newton, the emancipation of women, Kant, Marx, and Ballanchine ballets don't redeem what this particular civilization has wrought upon the world. The white race is the cancer of human history." - Susan Sontag
"Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them." - Mary Frances Berry, Civil Rights Commission head, 1991
"Go back to Simi Valley, you skunks! Go back to Woodland Hills! Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get
out! We are the future. You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people, it is your duty to die. . . ." - Augustin Cebada, quoted by Barbara Coe, in Reconquista: The Takeover of America, 1991
"We have an aging white America. They are dying. They are ****ting in their pants with fear! . . . I love it!" - 'Professor' Jose Angel Gutierrez, ibid.
"I am writing this essay sitting beside an anonymous white male that I long to murder." - 'Professor' bell hooks [sic], from A Killing Rage
"And the one idea is, how we are going to exterminate white people because that in my estimation is the only conclusion I have come to. We have to exterminate white people off the face of the planet to solve this problem." - African Studies 'professor', Dr. Kamau Kambon
''When I consider the enormity of the white man's crimes against humanity ... Against the poor. Against my mother and my father. Against me ... I think ... Let the earth marinate in poisons. Let the bombs cover the ground like rain. For nothing short of total destruction will ever teach them anything!' - Alice Walker, 'In Search of Our Mother's Gardens'
Also see here for more from Walker along these lines : What can the White man say to the black woman?
"When talking about the history of this great country, one can never forget that America was built upon the genocide of Native Americans and enslavement of African people. To say otherwise is criminal." - Spike Lee, quoted in LA Times, 7/7/2000
"I'm convinced AIDS is a government-engineered disease. They got one thing wrong, they never realized it couldn't just be contained to the groups it was intended to wipe out. So, now it's a national priority. Exactly like drugs when they escaped the urban centers into white suburbia." - Spike Lee (again), quoted in Detroit Free Press, 9/9/1992
This is just a small sampling of the 'dialogue' to date, as contributed by the other side, the only side which gets heard in our useless media. Our side has been oddly silent thus far, except for the occasional protest 'not me, I'm no racist', which, to be fair, is about all we are allowed to say in this rigged 'dialogue.'
But in principle I think dialogue could be a good thing, and I expect to have more to say on this, though I have a feeling it is not what our masters want to hear.

Labels: , , , ,